Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Integration" exhibition


Simon Gamble is an artist with a background in cancer research at Imperial College London. His work makes analogies between nature and anatomy, and also makes us think about the way that so much of technology takes its cue from biological forms.

He says, "In my career I have tried to balance and integrate my science training with my love for art and all artistic expression. This is something I aim to develop further, in order to explore the creative side of science, the science behind art, and the beauty and fascination of the living world and it's portrayal in art."

His first solo exhibition is about to open at the Knapp Gallery, Regent's College (map here). There is a private view on Friday 18 January, 6 to 9 pm, otherwise best phone the Conference Centre on 020 7487 7540 in advance as the venue is sometimes used for meetings.

No comments: